Unfortunately we don’t the answer to the eternal question of “How many pages should my portfolio be? But we do have some advice to point you in the right direction.
- Include a title page with your name and specialism. If you are going to companies direct, include contact details on each page but if you are going through an agency, please take these off.
- Each body of work should start with Mood Boards followed by Colour Boards/Fabrics and Print Direction if applicable.
- More commercial work will include Trend Packs for the season, including reference points for Shape, Print Details, Fastenings and Silhouette.
- If you have had some time out, put together a trend pack together for the most recent season with some design development on 5 key shapes or prints.
- Design development! This is one of the most important aspects to include and what employers are looking for. How do you sketch and translate a brief?
- CADS and Tech Packs - this illustrates how well you communicate technically. When you start out in Design, you will mainly be doing CADS so make sure you are hot on them.
To search our current live roles in design click HERE.